A person who trys to be punk and "hardcore", but truly is the exact opposite. pseudo-punks bring shame to true punks. many claim they are "anarchists" as well, even though they consistantly shop from hot topic, which contradicts basic anarchist morals. A pseudo punk may do but is not limited to the following: wearing ramones and sex pistols shirts, and not knowing ONE song by either, shopping from hot topic (as mentioned above), calling anyone who doesn't dress like them and/or disagrees with them "preps" and "conformists", and may smoke pot or do other narcotics to be rebellious.
The reason I mention the above is because recently I watched a YouTube video by Upright Citizens:
Skankin' Pickle did a song/video entitled 'Pseudo Punk' too:
Here are the lyrics if you wish to sing along in a melodic, peaceful tone:
We wrote this song to be psuedo punk
But someone said that it really stunk
So we changed the words just a little bit
And now it sounds completely like shit
In this song I like to scream real loud
I try to clone the sounds of Jello Biafra
Johnny Rotten, maybe Danny Elfman
This is psuedo punk now, hya I met this girl from the Hawaiian islands
And she said she wanted to be my friend
She then asked me back into my hut
And that's when she tried to suck my butt
Why he stuck around I'll never know
He could have ran far away - he's pretty stupid
The whole 'punk subculture' is detailed here...
Interestingly 'pseduo-punk' and 'punk' get a mention in a new play by Hugh Allison, entitled 'Call on Me'.
I quote:
KYLE: Now. In the
fountain. In front of the Punks. With these in our mouths.
Having just dissected the lyrics above by Skankin Pickle you're probably in the right frame of mind to ask yourself about the statement from Kyle.
For example, 'What is in their mouths?' and do 'what' in the fountain?
These are important questions - so to satisfy your curiosity why not come along and watch the plays next week?
You may even meet the writers too - can you say that for all the plays shown in London?
Key details:
CALL ON ME by Hugh Allison
“You should know I don’t speak exactly how those so-called comedians portray me”
Two publicity-hungry celebrities (one Christian, one Atheist) compare life-stories
Directed by Hugh Allison.
Assisted by Anna-Jane Niznikowska.
All tickets: £5 (of which 50p goes to The MS Society)
7.30pm on Tues 20th, Wed 21st and Thurs 22nd November 2012.
At The Dogstar, 389 Coldharbour Lane, London, SW9 8LQ. (Nearest tube: Brixton).
Produced by Almost Random Theatre.
Email: art.theatre.uk@gmail.com
Phone: 01865 512428:
No comments:
Post a Comment