Monday, 5 November 2012

Urine therapy?

I chanced across an article about Urine Therapy recently and was sure it reminded me of something. However putting that thought to one side I decided to read some more

Apparently urine can also be used to cleanse your skin:

"For those who value smooth, flawless skin and a healthy appearance massaging fresh urine daily into the skin in the morning or in the evening is recommended. This is the secret of many a sex symbol and beauty queen. You can use this method during your morning shower. It is also extremely effective as an aftershave lotion"


It certainly seems to be growing in popularity - maybe because of the perceived benefits.



I think it will be some time before it catches on in 'bring your own drink' restaurants, though. 

I mentioned the above to a friend of mine, Jennie. Her immediate reaction was :

'I'm not drinking my own urine!!!'

It was then that I remembered. 

That exact line is said by the character Jennie in 'Wonder' a play soon to be performed here...  in Brixton.

Worth popping along to watch. There are two other plays being performed there too.

Is the play even about Urine Therapy?

No, it's not, although the topic of drinking, whilst urinating, does come up. I suppose some would even describe it as 'yin and yang therapy', talking of which I found a Youtube video about such therapy:




The video above has nothing to do with the play 'Wonder' though - at least I don't think so. 

Why not come along and make up your own mind?

There's no interval though, so if you happen to have an empty bottle on you - and you're thirsty - you could even put some of the ideas above to good use...

Here are the key dates:

All tickets: £5 (of which 50p goes to The MS Society )

7.30pm on Tues 20th, Wed 21st and Thurs 22nd November 2012.



Chris Sivewright Co-producer The Heir of The Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment